Vasudhaa Narayanan is a documentary photographer and digital strategist from Bangalore, India.
After a three year stint in Digital Advertising, she is now redirecting her focus towards her passion for visual storytelling while pursuing an MFA at San Francisco Art Institute.
Growing up in Nigeria, India and Singapore, her work revolves around the aspects of being an individual who doesn't identify with any one culture, but is an amalgamation of all of them and everything in-between.
Current areas of interest: tackling issues with cultural identity, migration and patriarchy in a south asian context.
- Presently // MFA at San Francisco Art Institute in Studio Art
- Teaching Assistant at San Francisco Art Institute
- Summer Photo Intensive at Columbia University
- Freelance Photographer for brands like Lakme´ Fashion Week & Taxi Fabric
- Event Manager for Kitsch Mandi, Mumbai
- Digital Media Manager at Skarma Communications and Consultancy, Mumbai
- Assistant Account Executive at Ogilvy & Mather Pvt Ltd, Bangalore
- Bachelors in Business Marketing at Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology
- Summer Business Intensive at New York University
- Summer School at Boston University
- Indian School Certificate at Bishop Cotton Girls' School
- The Abject Goddess, Swell Gallery, San Francisco, CA
- American Typhoon, Swell Gallery, San Francisco, CA
- Wikihow To Set Up an Art Exhibition, Swell Gallery, San Francisco, CA
- Sanctuary, Swell Gallery, San Francisco, CA
- Summer Photo Intensive, Le Roy Neiman Gallery, New York, NY
- Some in 8 Billion, Goethe Institut, Bangalore, India